PhD students are encouraged to visit the Student & Academic Affairs team during regularly scheduled Office Hours! Students are also welcome to schedule an appointment with Student & Academic Affairs (firstname.lastname@example.org) or our Wellness manager (email@example.com) at any time by sending us an email with your availability.
- Enjoy snacks and drinks! This weekly event is open to research community at Cornell Tech; faculty, post-docs, and PhD students are invited.
- Where: Bloomberg Cafe
- When: Almost every Thursday from 4:30PM to 6:00PM
- PACT is the PhD student organization at Cornell Tech. Our goal is to be a voice for the PhD community across all fields. We focus on improving working conditions, better housing, transportation, and maintaining relationships with the other graduate organizations at Cornell Tech. Learn more here!
- Where: PhD Student Lounge, Bloomberg 2nd floor
- When: Every other Wednesday from 3:30 to 4:00 PM. All PhD students and interested MS students are welcome to attend. Sign up for the pact-l@ mailing list for announcements.
The Tech PhD Students mailing list is the best way to contact your fellow students. Anyone can send to it and it’s a great way to organize activities outside of your research group. Students are automatically added to the Cornell Tech PhD student group when arriving to Cornell Tech. If you are not receiving emails, please contact Student & Academic Affairs.
Slacks (use your @cornell.edu email to sign up using the links on the bottom)
Cornell Tech: https://cornelltechcampus.slack.com This Slack is frequented by faculty, staff, and some students. It’s great for campus-wide events, building or cafe questions, and announcements.
Cornell CIS (including tech and main campus): https://cornellcis.slack.com/messages/general/ This Slack is frequented by CS and IS students with no (or very few) faculty presence. Most of its members are at Ithaca, but there are some Tech folks as well. Great for “just hang out and enjoy the banter” discussions.
Check out the PhD Corner of the Student & Academic Affairs newsletter for upcoming PhD events, resources, and announcements
Seminars and faculty talks -Watch the tech-seminar-l@ mailing list for announcements!
Medical & Mental Health Resources
Visit here for a listing of resources for primary and mental health care providers who accept the Aetna Student Health Plan.
Research Travel Grant Application
Grants to conduct thesis/dissertation research of up to $2,000 are open to research degree students, with priority given to those who have or will have completed their A Exams by the date of travel. However, all research degree students are encouraged to apply. In a typical year, the Graduate School provides funding to 80-100 students who apply.
See the application website for more information about eligibility requirements and instructions.