MEng in Operations Research and Information Engineering
2023-2024 Academic Year
Required Technical Courses (18 credits)
- ORIE 5530 Modeling Under Uncertainty — 3 Credits
- ORIE 5380 Optimization Methods — 3 Credits
- ORIE 5750 Applied Machine Learning or CS 5781 Machine Learning Engineering — 3 Credits*
*CS 5781 counts towards your 18 technical credits, but does not count towards the 12 required ORIE credits. If you choose CS 5781, you must take another 3 credits of ORIE to count towards the 12 required ORIE credits.
- 3 credits of ORIE electives
- 6 credits of Technical Electives (choose from any ECE, CS, ORIE, or INFO course offerings)
Please note: Students must take at least 18 credits from courses that are advanced and technical. At least 12 of those credits must come from Operations Research courses.
Required Studio Courses (8 credits)
All Studio courses must be taken for a letter grade.
- TECH 5900 Product Studio — 4 Credits
- TECH 5910 Startup Studio, TECH 5920 BigCo Studio, or TECH 5930 PiTech Studio — 3 Credits
- TECH Studio Elective — 1 Credit
Please note: TECHIE 5300, TECHIE 5310, TECHIE 5320 do not qualify as Studio electives.
General Electives (4 credits)
- Select from any offerings on campus
Please note: TECHIE 5310: Business Fundamentals must be taken as a prerequisite for all business courses.
- Students may not enroll in more than 18 credits per semester without Program Director approval, which will be granted only in exceptional circumstances.
- Students may only count a maximum of 2 credit hours graded as S/U towards the degree requirements. Classes that are only offered as S/U count towards this 2-credit limit. If students change a course that is more than 2 credits to “S/U”, then that entire course will not count as it is over the 2-credit limit.
- All students must receive a B or higher in TECH 5900 or TECH 5910/ TECH 5920/ TECH 5930.
- Only classes with a grade of C- or higher will count towards a student’s degree requirements.
- Students must maintain at least a 2.5 GPA. Students who are not in good standing may be asked to leave the program.