MEng in Electrical and Computer Engineering
2022-2023 Academic Year
Required Technical Courses (18 credits)
- ECE 5414 Applied Machine Learning or CS 5781 Machine Learning Engineering — 3 Credits
- ECE 5415 Applied Digital Signal Processing and Communications — 3 Credits
- 6 credits of ECE Electives
- 6 credits of Technical Electives (choose from any ECE, CS, ORIE, or INFO course offerings)
Required Studio Courses (8 credits)
All Studio courses must be taken for a letter grade.
- TECH 5900 Product Studio — 4 Credits
- TECH 5910 Startup Studio, TECH 5920 BigCo Studio, or TECH 5930 PiTech Studio — 3 Credits
- TECH Studio Elective — 1 Credit
Please note: TECH 5300, TECH 5310, TECH 5320 do not qualify as Studio electives.
General Electives (4 credits)
- Select from any offerings on campus
Please note: TECH 5310: Business Fundamentals must be taken as a prerequisite for all business courses.
- Students may not enroll in more than 18 credits per semester without Program Director approval, which will be granted only in exceptional circumstances.
- Students may only count a maximum of 2 credit hours graded as S/U towards the degree requirements.
- All students must receive a B or higher in TECH 5900 or TECH 5910/ TECH 5920/ TECH 5930.
- Only classes with a grade of C- or higher will count towards a student’s degree requirements.
- Students must maintain at least a 2.5 GPA. Students who are not in good standing may be asked to leave the program.