LLM in Law, Technology, and Entrepreneurship
2023-2024 Academic Year
Core Requirements (18 credits)
- LAW 6470 High Growth Corporate Transactions — 2 Credits
- LAW 6512 Intellectual Property Law — 3 Credits
- LAW 6893 Technology Transactions — 2 Credits
- NBAY 5301 Introduction to Entrepreneurial Finance: Firm Valuation and Term Sheets — 1 Credit
- TECHIE 5300 Fundamentals of Modern Software — 2 Credits
- TECHIE 5310 Business Fundamentals — 1 Credit
- LAW 6331 Employment Law — 1 Credit
- LAW 6568 Internet Law, Privacy and Security — 3 Credits
- LAW 6614 Law Team — 1 Credit
- LAW 6896 Technology Transactions II — 2 Credits
Required Studio Courses (8 credits)
All Studio courses must be taken for a letter grade.
- TECH 5900 Product Studio — 4 Credits
- TECH 5910 Startup Studio, TECH 5920 BigCo Studio, or TECH 5930 PiTech Studio — 3 Credits
- TECH Studio Elective — 1 Credit
Please note: TECH 5300, TECH 5310, TECH 5320 do not qualify as Studio electives.
Electives (7 credits)
- 6 credits of LAW electives
- Choose at least 2 credits from the list of approved Corporate Law electives here.
- 1 credit of Free Electives Required (Maximum of 12 credits Permitted)
- Choose from any class offering
- Students may not enroll in more than 22 credits per semester without Program Director approval, which will be granted only in exceptional circumstances.
- Students must receive a passing grade to receive credit. Audited electives do not count toward any graduation requirement.
- All students must receive a B or higher in TECH 5900 or TECH 5910/TECH 5920/TECH 5930.
- All required courses must be taken for a letter grade. At least 3 credits of law and corporate law electives must be taken for a letter grade. Any other courses may be taken graded or S/U.
- A student will be placed on informal probation if, at the close of the first semester of law study, the student’s merit point ratio is less than 2.50. If this happens, the student must meet with the Program Director prior to continued enrollment.